Mylikes 2

Promo 2

Man rapes 35 years old virgin during fasting


Evelyn(other names withheld) had embarked on fasting and praying, as directed by her pastor. And she did that for seven days. But on the seventh day, the devil decided to strike through one of her neighbours, Jide Afolabi. He burst into her room and raped her.

Alabi was said to have disguised himself, by dressing in a female attire, sneaked into her room and raped the 35 years old lady, thereby, subjecting her to both physical and psychological torture. The incident happened at Omitowoju, in Mokola area of Ibadan, Oyo State.

After he sneaked into her room, the 30 years old man allegedly tied her hands and used pillow to cover her mouth and face, before raping her. The victim was said to have raised alarm that attracted her neighbours, but help couldn’t come her way on time, until she managed to loose herself from the alleged rapist’s grip and rushed to the roadside and continued shouting.

A good Samaritan, who was passing by and heard her voice was said to have lent her a helping hand . No one could lay his hands on the suspect at that moment, as he bolted after the alleged crime.
When the victim rushed to the church and narrated her ordeal to her pastor, some members accompanied her to the house, where they saw the room turned upside down .They later reported the matter at Mokola Police Station .

Detectives from the station were said to have swung into action and arrested the suspect. Traumatized Evelyn said the incident was like a dream, adding that she was yet to come to terms with what happened to her . She said: “As I was about concluding the seven days fasting and prayer, declared by our church, I saw a man who dressed like a woman and was holding knife. He locked all the doors and tied my hands with clothes and covered my mouth and eyes with pillow.”

“First, he asked for money and ransacked the whole house and saw N1,000 in my album. He later forced me and had sexual intercourse with me.” Evelyn, who hails from Edo State, disclosed how she had preserved herself over the years, waiting for the time God would give her a husband that would deflower her .” My neighbour came like a thief in the night to rob me of my virginity”, she lamented.

She told Crimewatch that she had handed the matter over to God.
The suspect, who reacted to the allegation said it was the devil, who pushed him to act the way he did. “I raped her at about 10.00 a.m., when she was inside her room. I dressed like a woman and went into her room. The exercise lasted for about ten minutes and I had to run away . I live with my mother and my two kids. My wife abandoned me and our children, saying I couldn’t take care of her.

“I am a barber and I want to pick up my life once again . I was sleeping that day and suddenly woke up and went to sister Evelyn’s room and raped her,” he confessed. The Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Okanlawon described the incident as pathetic. He disclosed that the victim was taken to a private hospital, adding that the doctor confirmed that she was raped. He said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) Iyaganku for further investigation.

The Oyo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Moses Onireti, said the suspect was still in the police custody, adding that he would appear in court soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...